Our response to COVID-19
Since the onset of COVID-19, Acuity Brands’ priorities have been to make our decisions with the health and well-being of our associates and their families as our top priority, while working diligently to operate effectively for our sales channel partners and customers.
For our associates, we continue to follow guidelines issued by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health providers, adapting our policies and procedures quickly in response to continually evolving information, statistics, and best practice rules.
- We have modified our policies and procedures, encouraged remote work, and cancelled significant events in an effort to flatten the curve to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
- We require associates who are not working remotely to stay at home if they are feeling ill and to self-quarantine if they believe they have been exposed.
- At our manufacturing and distribution facilities, we have taken measures such as staggering and rotating shifts, providing additional hand sanitation stations, installing plastic shields between workstations while adding additional spacing, and practicing social distancing at all work areas.
- We regularly clean our work areas and follow disinfecting protocols and encourage associates to practice hand washing and hygiene practices across our facilities.
For our customers, we are maintaining operations as we have determined that Acuity Brands is an “Essential Business” as part of the United States critical infrastructure workforce and we are continuing to operate in accordance with governmental directives.
- We manufacture critical goods that enable electricians and contractors to maintain and build hospitals, clinics, supermarkets, transportation facilities, and other buildings.
- We continue the production of products designed to keep public infrastructure and private roads, tunnels, bridges, parking areas, and other locations operational and safe in accordance with public health orders and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security guidance.
- Our major North American manufacturing and distribution centers remain open at this time. This includes our manufacturing operations in the U.S. and Mexico, as well as our six distribution centers located throughout North America.
- Our supply chain team, working with our supply chain partners throughout the world, is hard at work managing our access to essential items to meet critical needs.
We will do our best to minimize the impacts of this situation and to continue meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders. For general or technical product questions, please contact 1-800-705-SERV (7378), and for all other inquiries please go to Contact Us.